Dome light switch, dash moved?

Arrgh, finally I discovered why my battery has died randomly over the past 2 years.
It appears when its cold, the dash shrinks and the drivers side dome light
switch engages.
Anyone have this problem? There is a physical differance in spacing from dash to the door on both sides. The door seem to line up good (no damage) with some hindge wear.
TIA
Yeah, I had a problem with the switch in my '92 Chevy. I just pulled that plug out of the door and found a plastic washer to use as a spacer behind that plug then pushed the plug back in. This allows it to push the switch in further.

2
Thats what I as thinking of doing unitl it warms up around here and I can get under the dash and see if anything is loose.
Thanks

past
light
from