Door hinge drop - Silverado

I'm getting a little wind noise at highway speed, and the subject says why. This seems to be not unknown, as the dealer corroborated my suspicion straight away (had the same problem with a Jimmy but that was under warranty). Problem is the solution - as you might expect - is a "kit" which more than I need for something that isn't bugging me that much.

The door opens and closes fine, it's just the wind noise that's a problem.

Do I turn up the stereo or is there a more practical solution (like parts off a wrecked vehicle??)

Reply to
<walkabout

The door opens and closes fine, it's just the wind noise that's a problem.

Do I turn up the stereo or is there a more practical solution (like parts off a wrecked vehicle??)

======== ========

Rip a piece of newspaper into a strip thats about an inch wide....and about a foot long or longer. Use the piece of paper as a "Go-No Go" gauge to narrow down the area of the door that's letting the air in.

Shut the door on the paper strip and then GENTLY tug the strip to see if it pulls out, or if the seal is holding it in place. The strip of paper should slip out with a slight tug once you hit the area (or areas) that are'nt sealing tight.

Maybe you'll get lucky and the leak will be on the top edge of the door frame, above the window area. If that's the case, you can likely tweek the door enough to stop the leak, in which case I have a sure fire fix for it.

here's how.........

go pick up yer best buddy.....

cook yerselves up some really nice ribeyes out on the "Mr Meat Smoker"....

the two of you sit down and knock back about

10 shots of "Hiram Walkers" .........

then talk yer buddy into going fer a drive......

yer truck.......

when he starts to spout'n off bout how yer too drunk to be driving........

tell him to drive.......

while he's try'n to get his limp left leg into the cab.......

you lean on the door a bit...handing him the ignition keys......

ease the door onto yer buddies leg...... then.....

very forcefully apply a sharp, snappy , inward thrust on the upper edge of the door frame.....

fane a stumbling, wobbling, drunky sort of tumble to the ground..... (a hickup would be nice)

air leak is now likely gone......

you and yer buddy have a colorfull story fer the grandkids later in life.....

and YOU had a hoot of a time fix'n yer truck and get'n even with yer cheap arse buddy fer not offering to chip in on the cost of the fine steaks and good sippin whiskey.

00 L O

~:~ MarshMonster ~you could use a 2x4......but remember that money yer buddy never repaid yuh...??~

Reply to
Marsh Monster