drive axle noise

I have a noise from the rear drive axle on my AWD Astro. It's a limited slip diff. I changed the fluid with synthetic and didn't see anything and the old
fluid wasn't that bad. It sounds like a bearing noise, changes with speed and sounds the same when turning.It makes the same noise if I raise the wheels off the ground. My suspicion is a carrier bearing, but don't know how to tell. If it is, how difficult is it to replace? Is it pressed in? Thanks for any advice.
David
David wrote:

Sounds like pinion bearings. Possibly side bearings, but more likely to be pinion bearings. If you have to ask these kind of questions about the difficulty of replacing bearings in a rear axle, you don't want to be involved in doing it.
Ian