Drive Shaft Squeak?

Hi,
I've got a 01 Silverado Ext Cab with the 5.3 engine and just over 41K miles. I've started to get a squeaking noise that sounds like it is coming from the
drive shaft (one piece aluminum). It only makes the noise when I'm accelerating, nothing when coasting or braking. The frequency of the squeak increases as the truck accelerates. There in no vibration or clunking sound as described in other threads, just this extremely irritating squeak.
A friend and I jacked the truck up to try and isolate the noise. When in drive with the rear wheels spinning free, no noise. When the emergency brake was lightly applied, the squeak came back. It sounds like it is coming from the shaft itself, not the u-joints, rear end, or differential.
Any thoughts on what may be causing the squeak?
Thanks,
Steve
U-joint. Had a similar problem that rapidly turned into a failure.
Cheers

The sound is traveling through the drive shaft, most likely a dry u-joint.
Brian

Martin and NoSpam,
Thanks for the advise. We changed the u-joints and its as good as new. The u-joint at the front of the shaft was all dried out.
Steve