DRL on new style 2007 ??

Anyone know how to disable the day time running lights ( DRL ) on the new body style 2007 2500hd ???
Thanks,

well i have a 1999 tahoe and i just pull the fuse for it. old john.
Hello, scott! You wrote on Mon, 09 Jul 2007 14:46:33 -0500:
s> Anyone know how to disable the day time running lights ( DRL ) on the s> new body style 2007 2500hd ???
s> Thanks,
With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Figured it out.... Under hood there is a fuse block cover, drivers side. Pull DRL2 #36 fuse and the DRL's are disabled. As for the AHS ( auto headlight system I found out you have to cut the light sensor in the dash and solder a resister across the wires. Not sure the resister value though.
scott wrote:

Disabling the DRL is certainly your privilege. But, I was just wondering why you would want to do it?
Just Curious
Sure.... I've driven in Canada where it is mandatory and found during the heat of the day it causes road illusions when everyone is doing it ( I'm in chicago). I dis-like looking at cars during the day with their lights on and in some cases their high beams are hooked as their DRL's. Very painful to drive toward. I have also read the NTHSA info stating there is no creditable info that DRL's increase safety. So, if it bothers me it must bother others. Also, on this truck it is very hard to remove the headlights and replace the lamps ( front grill, grill holding brackets, three set screws and some fancy twisting to get the head fixture out ).
I'm sure some will agree, agree more so, or have their reasons why everyone should have them on but, for me they are now off.
no snipped-for-privacy@nordquist.us wrote:

us mountain boys do it so we can run the off roads without them. old john
Hello, no snipped-for-privacy@nordquist.us! You wrote on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:42:35 -0700:
??>> Anyone know how to disable the day time running lights ( DRL ) on the ??>> new body style 2007 2500hd ??? ??>> ??>> Thanks,
ns> Disabling the DRL is certainly your privilege. But, I was just ns> wondering why you would want to do it?
With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
as i posted before, it is as simple as pulling the fuse.