DTC P1345 and it barely runs

    1997 GMC Yukon 5.7L 2WD          I just replaced my leaking intake manifold gaskets, went to start it
and it runs like crap (surges between 500 and 2000 rpm and dies) and set 1345 code. I pulled the distributor to make sure i had it installed right, and i believe its right. rotor points to the "8" cast in the dist. base plate when fully seated. Can any one give some help ?
Thanks in advance
Larry
This is a cam sycnch signal error the cam sensor and crank sensor are timed too far apart, you need a scanner ot access the synch signal then turnthe dist to get it as close to 0 as possible, you will have to rev it above 1k for the pcm to detect the settings.

-
1997 GMC Yukon 5.7L 2WD
I just replaced my leaking intake manifold gaskets, went to start it and it runs like crap (surges between 500 and 2000 rpm and dies) and set p1345 code. I pulled the distributor to make sure i had it installed right, and i believe its right. rotor points to the "8" cast in the dist. base plate when fully seated. Can any one give some help ?
Thanks in advance
Larry
Shep wrote:

    will the P1345 code cause it to run like crap , or did i create another problem while replacing the intake gaskets
It will make it run bad.