Dual batteries

The engine bay on my 97 Yukon SLT has a place for a 2nd battery. Is the wiring for it tucked away some where? and would this be a worthwhile addition?
Just curious.
--
Computer Tips & Tweaks
www.acon-pchelp.com

worthwhile
I would imagine that you would just wire the second battery in parallel with the existing battery, so there wouldn't be any wiring tucked away anywhere. I believe that it may be worthwhile to add a second battery if you live in the cold, or just want the added storage of 2 batteries in parallel.
Dale "
back when i was always 100 miles offroad hunting or looking, i always installed a second battery in my vehicle(s) but i wired them to an older ford starter relay with battery cables and then hooked the control wire to an under dash switch so when i switched it, the ford solenoid would close one side and open the othwer cable so 9 aleys had a seperate fully charged battery. you need a dual cable solenoid and heavy battery leads from each battery to the solenoid. The switch lead is just a small one as it is low amperage. set it up so the normal battery is hooked when the solenoid is off and the solenoid switched in only when needed for emergency second battery.
john

worthwhile
Yep. I just saw a battery isolator controller on JC Whitney for around $50. It lets the alternator charge both batteries, but only drains from one at a time.
-Derek