dumb question but i dont know jack about trucks

i just got some transmission fluid for my chevy blazer (99) and i need to add just a little bit to the tranny. but where the hell do i put the fluid at? i read the manual but it doesnt tell you where it is to do so, only the
dip stick. i was thinking about dropping some down the dip stick but i figured someone here would know where to dump it. Thanks for you help
down the dipstick tube is exactly where it goes
Jason wrote:

Since you "don't know Jack. . . ." be careful when you add transmission fluid. They sell it in quarts but you shouldn't need more than a pint. Don't overfill it! If it needs more than a pint, I'd suggest you take it to a shop for a filter/fluid change. Tell them to check for a leak.

the
Well I was going add this transmission additive stuff in there. Supposed to help your tranny switch better. Is this true? or should I just put some ATF fluid in it instead. it's like 12 oz worh of the stuff

fluid
OK -- - if you're having transmission problems, there is no additive that will fix it. Don't use additives. If you're just low on fluid, add some transmission fluid. Don't put anything else in there! Don't use additives. If your transmission hasn't been serviced, take it to a shop and have the filter and fluid changed. Don't go for one of those gimmicks where they pump out the old while they pump in the new either. Some guys may offer differing advice, but you said you "don't know Jack. . ." Transmissions are complicated and you simply can't fix one with an additive.

only
I know that, I just saw it at a store and figured what the hell. I'm one of those "I know enough to be dangerous" people. I'll just add the fluid in. Prolly gonna get a filter and fluid change anyway. I'll just get it changed, and if they see something wrong, they'll fix it. Thanks for the help

need
help

the
but
Hey Doc, what I know about transmission would maybe fill a thimble but I thought transmissions were supposed to be checked while in drive on level ground. At least that's what I was told 20 years ago. Have things changed or have I been in error for the last 20?
Rich
--
Return address modified for SPAM protection. Remove windy to reply.
""Doc"" < snipped-for-privacy@nope.com> wrote in message

and
put
stick