Duramax in a suburban? 04. . .05 . . .when?

Duramax in a suburban? 04. . .05 . . .when?

I have been looking at 4door p/u with diesel. Wife really wants an SUV. And I can lose the bed, but hate to lose the Diesel.

I know that the Diesel/Allison combo doses not fit between the frame rails on the suburban? Did not know if you guys knew of any rumors or gossip?

thanks

Reply to
Evan

Mike Levy

why not buy the 8.1 liter? The Duramax is a $5500 option. The mileage increase with the diesel doesn't justify the price in my book. Unless you are going to drive alot or keep it forever you can buy an awful lot of fuel for $5500

Reply to
worker

I did that debate with my last truck,

I hated the V10 Every day I had it, I would still have the truck if it were a Cummings.

I do rack up the miles, and tend to hold onto them.. Not looking into diesel for fuel economy

and I thought it was cloer to 7k with the Allison behind it

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to
Evan