Duramax in a suburban? 04. . .05 . . .when?

Duramax in a suburban? 04. . .05 . . .when?
I have been looking at 4door p/u with diesel. Wife really wants an SUV. And I can lose the bed, but hate to lose the Diesel.
I know that the Diesel/Allison combo doses not fit between the frame rails on the suburban? Did not know if you guys knew of any rumors or gossip?
thanks
Not that it won't fit between the 'rails on a suburban, the front ends of the 'rails are the same as the pickups. it's that the engine/tranny won't fit under the body.
On 16 Aug 2003 13:01:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comxxx (Evan) wrote:

why not buy the 8.1 liter? The Duramax is a $5500 option. The mileage increase with the diesel doesn't justify the price in my book. Unless you are going to drive alot or keep it forever you can buy an awful lot of fuel for $5500
I did that debate with my last truck,
I hated the V10 Every day I had it, I would still have the truck if it were a Cummings.
I do rack up the miles, and tend to hold onto them.. Not looking into diesel for fuel economy
and I thought it was cloer to 7k with the Allison behind it 83 CJ 8, a work in progress http://hometown.aol.com/ebmvi/MyTJindex.html Take out the "XXX" to e-mail me