DuraMax Suburban?

I know they used to have a Diesel in the suburban... any word on if the DuraMax might find its way into a Suburban, or Yukon XL?

As I understand it, GM would have to do some major re-tooling for the Duramax/Allison combo to fit the Sub/Yukon XL
--
Computer Tips & Tweaks
Builds/Upgrades/Repairs

They do make a 3/4 ton Yukon XL. The 2500HD is a 3/4 ton isn't it? I would think in an effort to cut cost, the Yukon would be based on the 1500/2500 chassis. So if an engine fit in one, it would fit in the other. I remember reading an article about how some guy bolded in the Ford V10 truck engine into a Mustang and it fit! (duno if the springs up front held up too well though) I'm sure Chevy has a similar 'modular' design scheme.
Rich wrote:

2500HD is actually a 1T and the 3500 is a 1 1/4T...

I'd like to see a smaller version (maybe 6 litres), with a 4l80E or my fave ZF6 manual in a C/K1500. (And the 'burb/Yukon) KenG
JR wrote:

It is a great engine. I am a bit disappointed at what has happened to the price of fuel. Last spring when I got my Duramax Diesel was $1.35 and cheaper than regular gas. Now it is about $2.00 and about 35 cents more than the cheapest regular.

Supply and demand (i.e., Big Oil and Average Joe).
The price for diesel should drop after winter, as should heating oil. Too much Big Oil $$$ lining the pockets of the politicians/legislators "elected" to protect "our" interests. Sad, ain't it?

From what I can find out it is China outbidding other countries driving the cost up. They run on Diesel and have lots of dollars to spend.

With the mass media focusing on the problems in the Middle East, it's really China in the Far East the world has to watch out for. Russia is worried about their neighbor who has always had interest in the Siberian oil fields -- Russia and USA, makes for strange bedfellows don't you think? Anyhow, Yankee companies are already in Siberia helping to develop that region's oil industry...

http://www.fourwheeler.com/featuredvehicles/129_0407_suburban / Actually, there is a way to get one . . .
Dennis

o0o00, I like! maybe I will just order one though him.
C.W. gunner wrote:

Yo, I'd like one too ;-)

http://www.blwilliamsllc.com/duramax.html
There's another one too, but it appears he doesn't use the HD front end.
Dennis

C.W. gunner wrote:

I was just at the LA Auto Show the other day, and I saw they now have the Duramax in the Hummer H1(origional hummer) Lets hope teh Suburban is next!
Unfortunately, the H1 has nothing in common with the Suburban, it is a totally unique platform. The H2 is built on the Sub's frame, and I think GM made a mistake by not offering the Duramax in their heavier trucks like the H1, H2, Suburban and Avalanche. Not having the Duramax option is one of the prime reasons that has kept me away from all of these vehicles (that, of course, and the money).
Cheers - Jonathan
--
Jonathan A. Race
Lieutenant, EMS Supervisor