Easy Q on Tahoe front drive shaft boot

I'm going to change the front drive shaft u-joints on a 99 Tahoe old body style.

There is a boot over the connection at the transfer case. My old boot has two clamp rings. The new boot I bought from GM came in a kit. The new boot uses a clamp on only the small end on the shaft side. There is no clamp on the case side. The boot design appears that it would push onto the case hub and fit fairly flush. Is this right? Do I have the right boot? Should I use it or I just use my old boot that is good and find two replacement crimp clamps?

The GM kit number is 15084601.

Thanks in advance.

Skimmer

Reply to