ECM on an '86 K5?

Hi,

I was browsing some archived info here and saw mention of a very low-tech ECM module that would have come on my truck. Again, it's an '86 K5 Blazer.

According to what little info I was able to gather, the ECM was connected to a knock sensor and could monitor ignition timing. The latter part got my attention.

Is this true regarding its ability to monitor timing (advance)? If so, is there a way to tap into it or read it somehow to output it to a gauge to monitor the timing real-time from in the cab?

Thanks,

~jp

Reply to
Jon Pickens