Edelbrock MPFI #3502, Anybody get this to work?

I installed this MPFI manifold on my 91 Suburban, 350, VIN K, V2500. The motor has just finished being rebuilt, everything is new or made the trip to the machine shop. As far as I can tell, all wiring is good, I
have rechecked and even re wired just to be sure. I wrote an earlier post about stabbing the distributor. I have been doing it correctly. The truck will only start with the gas mashed to the floor and dies if you adjust the dist or release the throttle. There is spark and fuel, maybe too much fuel , I dont think it is a timing problem anymore. I got a couple of questions.
1. Has anybody got any tricks or tests to see if the MPFI is functioning properly? 2. Fuel pump is either on or off correct? There is no different voltage or speed to the thing is there? 3. Why in the world would exhaust be coming out of my throttle body?
I thought maybe it was a timing issue once again but would the truck run at 180' out of alignment?
Edelbrock only instructed me to check the fuel pressure which I plan on doing but if the truck runs isnt there atleast enough there?.....
Anything would be helpful...
Exhaust out of the TB, engine is out of time.

-

Exhaust out of intake 1. Intake valve too tight and staying open 2. Cam timing off a tooth or more 3. If it wasn't rebuilt it could be a worn cam lobe on the exhaust and it comes back thru the intake (no other way out). if it was ignition timing it would be way out of time. As far as the timing did you check when the compression stroke comes up and that it's at TDC... is the rotor pointing to number 1 ? Take out number 1 plug, put finger over hole, have someone bump the starter slowly until you feel the air blow your finger off, then see where the timing mark is, as it is blowing your finger off it should be coming up on TDC compression stroke which is when you want it to fire. Line up the mark to TDC and see where the rotor is pointing. It should be at number one.