egr valve

I have a 305 chevy silverago, 1993....how often should you change the egr valve, or how could you check if it is clogged..it seems to fairly,,I guess,,,moves
freely on the diaphragm...thanks

valve, or how could you check if it is clogged..it seems to fairly,,I guess,,,moves freely on the diaphragm...thanks
If you have a smooth idle and smooth light acceleration from a dead stop, plus no DTC's, it's fine.
Doc