Electric brake controller's come on new trucks?

Looking at a new Chevy Duramax with trailer package. I see it has the receiver and 7-way round plug, but does it come with a brake controller built in somewhere?

Add pictures here
βœ–
You have to add your own brake controller.
Add pictures here
βœ–

No but you can just plug one in.
Suggest looking at the Tekonsha Prodigy:
http://www.tekonsha.com
Some good prices for them on Ebay. I ordered one from RJays. Pleased with the service and price.
http://www.rjays.com
Did you get a cable in the glove compartment? If not you have to buy the adapter.
Just two sheet metal screws to mount the controller and plug it in.
The fuse/relay box under the hood directly in front of the driver has two terminals marked Aux 1 and 2. Aux 1 may have a dummy fuse in it. That one supplies 12 volts to the 7 pin connector. Aux 2 supplies power for the brake controller.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'll second the above reccomendation. I'll add that if you DO get the Prodigy, just spring the extra $15 and get the direct plug-in harness, if you have the GM one in the glovebox or not. It makes for a REAL easy plug and play (literally) install, no wire splicing needed. Sometimes the color/description on the harnesses don't match right and clarification is needed (seen it on Dodges before, wiring colors were off a bit on the factory harness and the descriptions weren't clear).
Add pictures here
βœ–
"" wrote: > Looking at a new Chevy Duramax with trailer package. I see it > has the > receiver and 7-way round plug, but does it come with a brake > controller > built in somewhere?
Actually it’s a towing package.One would think that towing and trailer would be the same.The new ford trucks (2004 and up) 3/4 and 1 tons that have the factory towing package come equipped with the brake controller built into the dash.
βœ–