electrical

have a problem with the electrical (the cluster,and the engine) driving down the road when all of a sudden lights flicker rpm drops and lights turn off all of them even the head lights then the engine shuts off when
stopped at a stop sign or stop light. the rpm will drop to about 3000 on the tach then shut of the engine i am trying to fix this problem for a friend but i can duplicate it when i am in the truck she and a couple of her friends says that it happens but it won't work for me so i told her that the truck is cursed. but need adivise on how to trouble shoot this one i never heard of this happening with a vechical without an alarm.
crank position sensor?? had same sort of thing happening on my Jeep, might be worth finding out if her truck's engine has a CPS.
Snow..

Perhaps even the ground wire between the battery negative and chassis or engine.
What type of truck?
It might be a loose connection in the bulkhead connector. The main feed carries lots of current, and thermal cycles the hell out of the pins. You can grab the harness under the hood at the connector and wiggle to see if you can duplicate the problem.
Cheers

Something similar happened to me twice. It happened the first time, I came back the next day and it started up. 3-6 months later (in the middle of a snow storm) it happened again and the next morning it was still dead. It would crank, but wouldn't start.
Each time I still had a starter and wipers but I did not have anything else and it wouldn't start. I traced it to the fusible links from the alternator to the fuse panel. Cut out the old (corroded/rotted) old ones, put in new ones from NAPA -- fired right up.
HTH, electrical problems are the worst!
If you take the battery terminals loose and THOROULY clean them(SCRAPE THEM )and wash all connectors with baking soda and water.Then rinse them with water and make sure they are securely mounted, that problem will usually go away. old john