Electrical Problem on a 97 Chevy Blazer

I recently bought a 97 blazer and discovered that the interor lights do not work or the lighter and rear hatch release. I returned to dealer and they could not find the problem. After looking at the fuse box I discovered a

20A fuse missing from slot #2. Installing a fuse causes everything to work but the lights will never turn off. Is this maybe a common problem? Is there a part of wiring harness that someone can point me to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. A link to a schematic would help too.
Reply to
Jimis

Probably a door switch. Check your local Library for the Mitchell service manuals. You can get the wiring diagrams there.

Reply to
Martin Riddle

wiring diagrams there.

Reply to
Robert Ball

Thanks I have checked the dimmer switch, but thats not it. Will check the library for manual.

Reply to
Jimis

Thanks for the help. Was a missing button on the passenger door pannel. the dor switch was going into the hole and not actuating...lol dealer couldn't figure out why they wouldn't come on little less why they wouldn't go off. thanks for the help!

Reply to
Jimis