Electronic Speed Limiter???

I took my Yukon up to 100 mph on the speedo the other day. Actual speed was 104 on my gps. Difference due to tire size I imagine. The engine cut out completely at this speed like it hit a speed limiter. It kicked right back
in when I let off. So did they have a speed limiter on a 97?
It must have been a pretty big snow drift if you had to get up to that speed?? I believe Yukons and Tahoes have had the same speed limiter since 1996. You can buy computer "tuners" to increase or remove the limiter.

was

was
Yeah, it has a built in speed limiter so crazy bastards like yourself don't kill yourself or others on the road when traveling at speeds the vehicle was NOT designed to handle. Check the speed rating on your tires. I bet they're NOT rated for 100mph; you're lucky the tread didn't seperate and kill everyone in the vehicle.
Doc

snipped-for-privacy@nope.com posted:

Oh puhlease!

don't
was
I disagree. I think they should take out speed limiters, rev limiters, etc. Just think of it as very effective contraception.....
~KJ~
Actually I don't see any speed rating on them. Does that mean they are unsafe at any speed? They are ProComp AT's.Where I live 100 is commute traffic speed. And I'm not a bastard, crazy maybe but not a bastard. By the way I was in the middle of nowhere on a 75 mph freeway. The tires are great in everything from 4 lo in the snow off road to 104 mph high so far. They wear like iron too. I highly recommend them over those French BFG TA's. Which, by the way, I hear run best in reverse!

back
don't
was
According to ProComp they are R rated which is 106 MAX mph. I would say your limiter is doing a good job
--
Steve W.
Life is not like a box of chocolates

But if I am not mistaken, it isn't that a tire instantly discombobulates at max speed, but rather 'extended' times at that speed will cause it to fail. Whatever "extended" is....
Sounds like he needs like a Y rating (something around 130 I think) and a chip. Good luck on killin yourself! Remember not to overpopulate my world if you don't succeed...
~KJ~

Wrong person to respond too, I really don't care what 'cha do. Just pointing out flaws in both of your arguments...
~KJ~