Emergengy brake shoe update FYI 01 silverado

Awhile back I posted a question about no emergency brake on my 01 Silverado. It turns out the #%&*^$ at the factory. Rather than adjust the shoe He
tightened the cable all the way. The shoes were worn uneven. I replaced the shoes had the drums turned and am back with a brake. FYI they can turn the inside drum for the emergency shoes. I bought the 12" dial veneer calipers for adjusting at mscdirect.com. $40.00 According to the fac manual the clearance should be .026 inch according to the instructional packing sheet 209.6 +- 0.1 od on shoes I assume this is for a new drum Hope this helps someone else I now have 50,000 miles 1 tranny selector switch under warranty and one caliper and rear shoes The front ones are still in good shape
I STILL HATE DODGE Their warranty means nothing because they don't honor it. Their vehicles are a nightmare
after going back out and taking another look the distributor seems turned too far in a clockwise direction (retarded?) is there any harm loosening the clamp and turning it back?
sorry wrong thread
Larry Schmitt wrote:

That's the way it's supposed to be. I hope you didn't try to use the cable as an adjusting point. The only true adjustment is at the park brake shoe itself. They wear un-evenly due to a design problem with the brake shoe retainer. If you put new GM brake shoes on, they should come with the new style retainer.
Remember, a little product knowledge will keep you from placing blame where it has no business being.
Ian