Emergengy brake shoe update FYI 01 silverado

Awhile back I posted a question about no emergency brake on my 01 Silverado. It turns out the #%&*^$ at the factory. Rather than adjust the shoe He tightened the cable all the way. The shoes were worn uneven. I replaced the shoes had the drums turned and am back with a brake. FYI they can turn the inside drum for the emergency shoes. I bought the 12" dial veneer calipers for adjusting at mscdirect.com. $40.00 According to the fac manual the clearance should be .026 inch according to the instructional packing sheet 209.6 +- 0.1 od on shoes I assume this is for a new drum Hope this helps someone else I now have 50,000 miles

1 tranny selector switch under warranty and one caliper and rear shoes The front ones are still in good shape

I STILL HATE DODGE Their warranty means nothing because they don't honor it. Their vehicles are a nightmare

Reply to
Larry Schmitt

after going back out and taking another look the distributor seems turned too far in a clockwise direction (retarded?) is there any harm loosening the clamp and turning it back?

Reply to
David Norris

sorry wrong thread

Reply to
David Norris

That's the way it's supposed to be. I hope you didn't try to use the cable as an adjusting point. The only true adjustment is at the park brake shoe itself. They wear un-evenly due to a design problem with the brake shoe retainer. If you put new GM brake shoes on, they should come with the new style retainer.

Remember, a little product knowledge will keep you from placing blame where it has no business being.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai