Emissions Test on a high miler 350....any suggestions?

My new (to me) 1989 Suburban 4X4, 5.7 gas, 295,000 km. has to go in for an e-test on Monday; needs to pass before I can licence it. It apppears to run clean. I've replaced the PVC valve, changed the oil, changed the air filter. I'm running a tank of gas through it with an additive ("Guaranteed To Pass"), and I will put a tank of high test ethanol blend in it for the test. I will run it good and hot before the test. I'll also change the plugs. Anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks; Keith.

Reply to
stude-ious

Also Sprach stude-ious :

I think you've done all that's needed, I wouldn't have even bothered with the gas additives. The TBI engines run pretty clean to begin with...

Dan

Reply to
Marshall Banana

where are you located at? check your states website for emission laws......maybe all you need is a visual check. I have an 87 K5 and it just needed a visual to make sure all the emissions crap is there. I have no catalytic crap at all just strait pipes out of the manifold. The guy just looked the other way.

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Dan, I hope you're right; it needs to pass the test to get a licence, and I've already bought the truck! "Cheryl and Rob"; I'm located in Ontario, Canada. Our e-test law was promised to be abandoned by our premier in his last election campaign (ever have a politician lie to you?), but I guess they're pretty strict in the testing. I'll find out on Monday. Oh, I also bought a new gas cap.....supposed to help?

Reply to
stude-ious

I am in Northwestern Ontario and we don't have a worry in the world - YET!!! But it is coming.

-- Best Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

IT PASSED!! Just an update; I took the suburban to the test, and it passed; squeaked through on one part (HC @ high rpm), and aced all the rest! For a reward, it's getting 4 new boots (12.5 X 33 R 15 LT) in the morning.

Reply to
stude-ious