Emissions Test on a high miler 350....any suggestions?

My new (to me) 1989 Suburban 4X4, 5.7 gas, 295,000 km. has to go in for an e-test on Monday; needs to pass before I can licence it. It apppears to run clean. I've replaced the PVC valve, changed the oil, changed the air
filter. I'm running a tank of gas through it with an additive ("Guaranteed To Pass"), and I will put a tank of high test ethanol blend in it for the test. I will run it good and hot before the test. I'll also change the plugs. Anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks; Keith.

I think you've done all that's needed, I wouldn't have even bothered with the gas additives. The TBI engines run pretty clean to begin with...
Dan
--
alex_data: "I am the walrus. Coo coo cachu."
dan: I am the tentacle monster! hugahulugaha!

Dan, I hope you're right; it needs to pass the test to get a licence, and I've already bought the truck! "Cheryl and Rob"; I'm located in Ontario, Canada. Our e-test law was promised to be abandoned by our premier in his last election campaign (ever have a politician lie to you?), but I guess they're pretty strict in the testing. I'll find out on Monday. Oh, I also bought a new gas cap.....supposed to help?
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 18:03:54 -0400, "stude-ious"

YET!!! But it is coming. -- Best Regards Gordie
IT PASSED!! Just an update; I took the suburban to the test, and it passed; squeaked through on one part (HC @ high rpm), and aced all the rest! For a reward, it's getting 4 new boots (12.5 X 33 R 15 LT) in the morning.