Engine and ABS lights

Ok, I have a 95 Chevy 1500. First the engine light. More times than not I get an engine light that comes on. Pulling the codes, it indicates incorrect
EGR valve operation. I have replaced the EGR valve and the control solenoid, but still get the light. Any ideas? Now for the ABS light. As soon as I start moving I get an ABS light. If I pulled the code correctly, it is for the rear ABS sensor. My question, where the hell is the sensor. I got under there and couldn't find it anywhere. Any help I can get on either of these would be greatly appreciated.
If it has 4 wheel ABS, each wheel has a sensor. If it only has rear wheel ABS, the sensor is located in the transmission extension housing on 2WD and in the transfer case on 4WD models. This is what the Haynes manual says, hope it helps.

"Goff" wrote

One of the many reasons why it's never wise to believe much of what the Haynes manuals say.
Ian
Engine and ABS lights Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Dec 29, 2003, 4:57pm (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (Troy) Ok, I have a 95 Chevy 1500. First the engine light. More times than not I get an engine light that comes on. Pulling the codes, it indicates incorrect EGR valve operation. I have replaced the EGR valve and the control solenoid, but still get the light. Any ideas? Now for the ABS light. As soon as I start moving I get an ABS light. If I pulled the code correctly, it is for the rear ABS sensor. My question, where the hell is the sensor. I got under there and couldn't find it anywhere. Any help I can get on either of these would be greatly appreciated.
As far as the Egr code you keep getting Id try looking at the converters....If you have one thats going bad you will also get that same code...Lucky I had this happen just 2 days ago...Do you have any other problems...Engine misfire? Sluggish or stumble on exceleration? As far as the ABS its the only wires that are near your hubs just follow the wires and you'll see it you will more than likely have to pull off the tire....Once you find and replace the bad sensor your wheels will have to rotate 360 degrees after you clear the codes for the light to go out....Hope I was of some help Steve C
My converter is gutted so that shouldn't be the problem. With the abs as part of the vss, it that is bad, would I still get a good reading on my speedometer or are the seperate but combined units?
(Troy)

Re: Engine and ABS lights Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Thu, Jan 1, 2004, 1:55pm (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (Troy) My converter is gutted so that shouldn't be the problem. With the abs as part of the vss, it that is bad, would I still get a good reading on my speedometer or are the seperate but combined units?
Your vss? are you refering to your vech speed sensors? That is the name for the wheel sensors that control your abs...And it has nothing to do with your speedometer....All it means is you abs wount operate properly untill it is changed out... Steve C