Engine oil cooler line

Hi,i am new to this newsgroupe. I speak french, so pardone my english.
1995, Chevy 4.3l. Thoses !"/$% engine oil cooler line, routing from oil
filter to radiator, they leak almost on eavery years. at 80$ each, i am thinking to remove them and put plug.
What do you think.
Thank's
Sylvain Sirois
Find an Aeroquip dealer that can make a superior line and never worry about replacing them again. I have done this on all my diesels, and have never had to replace them again.

about
That's what i am going to do. Great idea, thank you.
Sylvain

If you have access to something like a NAPA auto parts store, I was successful in replacing a leaking factory hose with 1/2 inch (~13mm) I.D. hose rated for oil service, using hose clamps for the seal. In fact some have reported success in taking your old hose assembly to a NAPA store and having them make a new hose. Also in the US, CarQuest will make hoses. Lastly I recall that GM had released a newer hose assembly less prone to leakage. Don't plug them. The flow through the oil filter would be shut off.
To quote the service manager, " GM oil cooler lines always go on you, if you look at the new ones they are quite different, GM must have found a problem with them"
Nice to hear this, I drive a GM for a company truck, (it had the bad lines) but also drive a GMC Safari at home. Maybe at $220.00 for the parts alone, I'll be heading to my local hydraulic outfitter.
On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 01:11:46 GMT, "DonW"