Engine Replacement

Has anyone had any experience doing a motor swap on a 1994 GMC 350 TBI Auto

4X4 and replacing it with a 383 Stroker motor? I saw a new 383 Stroker at Chevy350Engines.com that may work and also allow one to reuse all the sensors and throttle body. Only problem is that the cost seems a bit high: $3,895. My current motor has 165,000 on it, but I want a bit more snort for hauling and towing. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks. Andy
Reply to
Andy W

smoove

The rods aren`t that great,and I`m not sure about the pistons. I guess the bottom line is what you intend to do with it. I just built my second 383 for my Malibu. (the first 1 had over 540 runs) I can give you a price list,incase you decide to build one. That`s the best way to go!

Reply to
Bill