engine swap question

Hello, we have a '89 1/2 ton Chevy with the 350 and 4 wheel drive. The engine in the truck has given up the ghost at 246,000 miles. We only use this vehicle as a secondary vehicle for moving things
and never tow anything. But that obviously has stopped now that the engine is gone. However, a friend of mine has an '89 Iroc-Z Camaro that had a 305 that he replaced to put in a larger engine. Will this engine go into our truck without alot of modifications? Obviously it would probably mean a decrease in power but I am only concerned with the truck running again, I am not intending to tow anything or do anything particularly heavy duty.
So, if this sounds like a workable plan I would like to know, I can have the 305 for free.
Do it! Just go to the salvage yard and pick up an ECM for a 89 pickup with 305 engine. I'm pretty sure all the connections will be the same. Might even try it with the ECM you have, might work ok, but won't be optimum.