engine wont idle with newly remanufactured throttle body

Because of binding at the accelerator bushing, I obtained a re-manufactured throttle body for my 1989 S-10 Chevrolet pick-up with a 4.3 liter engine.
The engine, with the new throttle body installed will not idle down. The old throttle body worked ok with proper idle and the computer had been replaced previously with a new one because the old one failed. I went with the re-manufactured one because the binding of the old one caused the accellerator to suddenly give and you would suddenly speed the vehicle forward. In other words, there was not a smooth travel of the accelerator and when you pushed on it with your foot, you had to press hard and then it would suddenly give with more speed than you wanted.
Does anyone have any ideas? I understand that there are adjustments on the throttle body itself. I disconnected the battery overnight thinking the computer might need to reset itself but there was no effective change. I hope that I have made myself clear.