Envoy or Trailblazer service question

I have a 2002 Envoy, although you Trailblazer owners may run into the same thing My dealer does a 30,000 mile service for almost $400 that includes numerous things: new air/fuel filters, numerous inspections of various systems such as cooling, brakes, etc. Couple items on the list caught my eye and made we wonder:

1) "drop" the drive shaft, inspect, and lubricate 2) fuel injector service; detach fuel filter and run cleaner thru injectors, decarbon throttle body, etc

I use good top-tier gasoline, and occasionall Techron, so I'm questioning the need for a fuel injector service at this time.

Secondly, does that sound right about "dropping the driveshaft" and lubing/inspecting it? Have any of you Envoy or Trailblazer owners had that done on a routine 30,000 mi, service? I hate to have things "dropped" and reassembled if not needed.

Thanks for info.

RGB

Reply to
rgb7799remove

Ask the service rep to show you where those items are listed in the maintenance schedule in your owners manual. If they're not there (and I very much doubt they are), I'd tell them to delete those services and charge less money. Or, better yet, have an independent mechanic do only what's listed in your manual for the 30,000 mile service.

Reply to
WaterWatcher

I don't know about the Envoy, but late model GM trucks have a problem with spline bind at the yoke. Pulling the shaft and lubing the spline/yoke alleviates the problem(for a while). H

Reply to
Hairy