Evaporator and condenser??

Dear all,
My car's A/C didn't work for 2 years. Right now I have just gotten a baby and decided to repair A/C. The shop probably will change Compressor with Clutch, dryer and expansion valve.
My question is:
Do evaporator and condenser fail a lot like a compressor in A/C system?My car is quite old (1993) and A/C has not used for a long time.
On 13 Jul 2005 20:27:57 -0700, yijun snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The evaporator core and the condensor rarely fail, and if they do its usually a leak of some type. It would be a good bet to change the accumulator and orfice tube. The compressor is the mechanical part in the system so its usually the failure point.
IF the system holds vaccum and the condensor and evaporator are not damaged then one assumes they are good.
Elbert
--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net