every time I shut off the tahoe radio clock go's to 1:00

MY 96 tahoe has a clock in the radio. Every time I shut the truck off the time goes to the default setting of 1:00. The programmed radio stations stay however. Can any help or have the similar problems?

Reply to
callirob

If it keeps the radio presets, it could be a problem with the radio. OR a loose battery connection, Also check the battery volts to see if it is low or not.

Reply to
grunge09

My '99 Dodge will remember the radio presets if I disconnect the battery, but the clock is lost. It may be a bad connection to the always hot circuit. You might see what other circuits are always hot and see if they stop working with the key off.

Reply to
Ed H.

Check fuse 19 in the IP fuse block.

Reply to
Nonya Beez

Sounds like a blown fuse.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

every time I shut off the tahoe radio clock go's to 1:00 Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Nov 1, 2006, 11:04am (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com (callirob) MY 96 tahoe has a clock in the radio. Every time I shut the truck off the time goes to the default setting of 1:00. The programmed radio stations stay however. Can any help or have the similar problems?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, it is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." ~ Unknown ~

Reply to
Rich B

Reply to
callirob

I agree, the fuse is always the first thing to check. Since I'm not familiar with your particular vehicle, I can tell you that I had the same problem in an older GM. Turned out to be the circuit to the cigarette lighter (that apparently maintained the radio's memory also). Missed it at first then I checked all the fuses.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Re: every time I shut off the tahoe radio clock go's to 1:00 Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sun, Nov 12, 2006, 6:25pm (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com (callirob) Not that was the frist thing I check and should always be what you check frist. Earl Rich B wrote: Sounds like a blown fuse. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX every time I shut off the tahoe radio clock go's to 1:00 Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Nov 1, 2006, 11:04am (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com (callirob) MY 96 tahoe has a clock in the radio. Every time I shut the truck off the time goes to the default setting of 1:00. The programmed radio stations stay however. Can any help or have the similar problems?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, it is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." ~ Unknown ~

Reply to
Rich B

Good starting point. A radio has two power feeds to it. One that is always hot to keep memory intact and another to power the radio when it is on. If the constant referance voltage is lost, radio will turn on okay to play and set clock but time will be lost when it is turned off.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan