EVO Switch: Affects Shifting?

Proximate cause for replacement was the steering getting weird - to easy at some speeds.
But seems to me like the trannie is downshifting better (like it used to....).
Can this be?
I'm a little suspicious because I'm one of those people that thinks they can feel their car running better after they've washed it....)
--
PeteCresswell