exhaust: 2002 2500HD 6l vortec

Just bought the truck, love it. Hate the way that beast sounds. I'm paying for the gas, I want to hear the engine. My mechanic said not to fuck with the muffler cause the computers would
go crazy. Has anyone here put a high flow muffler on a 6L vortec 2500HD? Great engine, it should sound like one.
--
Fritz

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over
Your Mechanic has no clue. Go to an exhaust shop and ask. I know 3 guys that have done exhaust on there trucks. No problems. Go with the dual exhaust,not the high flow muffler. I`m gonna keep the stock stuff on mine for now.It`s much quiter when towing.
Bill