Exhaust and Inspection in New Hampshire.

The cheapest way I could get my exhaust fixed to state inspection standards was to get a couple cherry bomb mufflers, and an OEM tail pipe. However I would like to know, does my 85 K5 NEED cats to pass inspection?
I know there are people here who think these shouldn't be taken out, and I agree for the most part.... But they are in rough shape, $60 for generics, and I don't have that much green......
Once I get some mo' money I can go back and do it right, but I would like to know....
All I have really found online is http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/indexes/261.html and it may or may not have it.... still looking through it.
But as an aside, does anyone know an inspection station in NH that wouldn't care if I dumped my exhaust out the sides before the tires on a K5?
~KJ the poor clown college drop out who knows Jack Schitt~
If it came on the vehicle new you will be required by law to have it on the vehicle for NH state inspection. The exhaust must go past the passenger compartment, after that it is a matter of choice.

Twas what I thought.

But that makes little sense, because the entire truck is a passenger compartment, wouldn't it have to come stock right out of the rear? The stock exhaust contradicts these laws. I just think this is all rather annoying....
Think I should have any problems with the cherry bombs, or should I not bother to put them in?
~KJ~
I have run glass packs with no problem. if the exhaust dumps out the side before or after the tire well some places may not care and some may
On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 00:47:41 GMT, "Frank Ross"

Just a silly question but my 86 GMC dumps out the side and just to the rear of the rear wheel and it came that way from the factory. Would it pass or not (if I lived in New Hampshire)?
-- Regards Gordie
On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:52:12 -0500, The Nolalu Barn Owl

a side exit behind the rear wheel is fine... I can't think of a truck off hand that exited out the rear from the factory. what they don't want is a exhaust dumping under the passenger compartment, carbon monoxide issues. exiting before the wheel on a SUV is just leaving yourself open to getting screwed by a trooper in a bad mood. (been there, done that) in Maine (I'm pretty sure NH is the same or very similar) the exhaust in a pickup must either exit the body from the side or rear *OR* *IF* there is no cap on it, it may exit via a turndown no closer than 20" from the back of the cab. the second you put a cap on it, the exhaust must exit either the side or rear.
-Bret

Bah, only person it will kill is me, and only if I sit in the frikken thing in 4 feet of snow and just let it run - even then only stacks would help me. If I want to kill me that's my choice. I hate frikken laws to protect me from me....just annoys the piss out of me.
~KJ~
is it a p/up?

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:48:21 GMT, "Frank Ross"

-- Regards Gordie
past the cab is all that is required, after that it is a matter of personal preferance
I ran into this very problem years ago with a 1978 K5 Blazer, and a 1985 GMC K2500 Pickup; both with heavy duty emissions, no cats, no fuel filler restrictor, and factory dual exhausts. I had to open up the glovy each time to show the inspector the build sheet. This is in MA although New Hamphire may be different.
Have a great one!
Bush
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 03:23:38 GMT, "KJ"