Exhaust System

I just went to Cole muffler today. My passenger side manifold is shot, The flanges on the Y-pipe are shot, and my muffler is kicked. I got an estimate for a cat-back magnaflow system for 200.00 installed. I
have to get the manifold myself and they will replace the Y-pipe when I do that. Manifold = $125.00 cat-back = $200.00 Y-Pipe = $50.00 Donut Flanges = $17.00
Almost $400.00, what a shitty day.
On another note, has anyone every tried the "roadmaster active suspension" that installed above the leaf springs? They sound like they would work, but I wasn't sure.
-- ---------------------------------------------------------------- Ed Murray Certified Locksmith My Enthusiast's Website: http://www.crooked-ridez.com
Inline............

HEADERS!! If yer' already spending $125 on a manifold, might as well spend $199.99 on a set of headers! What;s an extra $75? It'll sound better, be quicker off the line, and your fuel economy <might> jump a few percentage points.

Nope. Sorry.........
Doc

Yup, I'm pricing them now. What brand do you recommend?
-- ---------------------------------------------------------------- Ed Murray Certified Locksmith My Enthusiast's Website: http://www.crooked-ridez.com

after the first of the year, I'm putting the afterburners on my '88 K2500.
-Bret
For the cat back, I went with an Xcelerator single in/dual out with stainless tailpipes.
Getting some headers today, and a new y-pipe

Bought an OEM manifold today to replace the injured one on the passenger side. I was going to buy a set of headers, but I don't have the time to order them, and I got this one for $50.00 brand new.... Plus, this new exhaust, is loud enough. Maybe in the future I'll pick some up, when money isn't tight. So, now I have a whole list of parts to install.
Plugs/wires Manifold rotors pads cap/rotor
Makes for a busy weekend
-- ---------------------------------------------------------------- Ed Murray Certified Locksmith My Enthusiast's Website: http://www.crooked-ridez.com

I have a '93 Silverado 5.7L and I had my catylitic converter replaced with a "Moreflow" (not sure of the spelling) high-flow converter and went with a Flowmaster 40 for the muffler. They removed the dual tail pipes and installed a single 3" aluminized tailpipe, using existing hang points. It sounds great, gave me about 4 MPG and a load more power. The whole job was about $230. I think your estimate of $200 for just cat-back is a little high, considering all I got for only $30 more!
-Derek