Extended cab window latch

Have a 97 chevy extended cab. The latch on the rear side window is broken so I picked up a replacement latch. ($37 at the dealer.) Lubricated the portion that slides over the pin on the 3rd door and
tried to slip it on. It broke on installation and was in same predicament as before.
Dealer gave me a replacement for the part w/o hassle. Need to know if there was some kind of trick to install the little thing.
Thanks
| Have a 97 chevy extended cab. | The latch on the rear side window is broken so I picked up a | replacement latch. | ($37 at the dealer.) | Lubricated the portion that slides over the pin on the 3rd door and | tried to slip it on. | It broke on installation and was in same predicament as before. | | Dealer gave me a replacement for the part w/o hassle. | Need to know if there was some kind of trick to install the little | thing. | | Thanks
Is it plastic? Try heating it up to soften it a bit.
Cheers