extended warranty? should i buy

hello to the group:
I own a chevy s-10 2001 4.3L 4X4 etended cab with 24,000 miles. factory warrant expires in dec. can get an extended war for $1600 (4 extra years)
this war. includes just about everything (except the typicals tires brake pads belts ECT). can also get a powertrain only for $1000. I put on about 7,000 miles a year. also considered bankrolling the money for repairs (if needed) what are your thoughts
thanks snipped-for-privacy@att.net
. extended warranty? should i buy Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Thu, Oct 9, 2003, 2:48pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (TerryKohlman) hello to the group: I own a chevy s-10 2001 4.3L 4X4 etended cab with 24,000 miles. factory warrant expires in dec. can get an extended war for $1600 (4 extra years) this war. includes just about everything (except the typicals tires brake pads belts ECT). can also get a powertrain only for $1000. I put on about 7,000 miles a year. also considered bankrolling the money for repairs (if needed) what are your thoughts thanks snipped-for-privacy@att.net ========= =========
Terry, purchase the $1600 warranty...
just be sure that it does cover "about everything" first.
less than $34 a month......
Marsh Monster
if you buy one, i would get the GMPP Major Guard. thats what i have. the GMPP can be used at any GM dealer, as its a GM warranty. i think i paid like 1200.00 for mine that extended the warranty to 6 yrs or 75k miles bumper to bumper. best thing to do is shop around at dealers and on line.