factory platinum plugs in 97 tahoe

Just bought this 97 tahoe vortec 350 my brother has a 98. compared to his mine seems to be lacking a little bit of power. Before i got it someone put
a set of standard champions in it. it comes from the factory with ac platinums just wanting to know if anyone knows anything about this. i was going to put the factory plugs back in it but i wanted to get another opinion before i paid $6/plug

The main idea behind the platinum plug is that they'll last a lot longer than standard plugs. I don't think that you should really feel all that much difference horse power wise. Are there other differences in the vehicles, like gearing, miles on the motor etc?
nospam
Mileage is about the same on the 2 both are at about 90k i think i have a little bit of valve noise also but not sure do you know if that was a problem with the vortec motors? i am gonna have that checked out at chevrolet my truck came with a 3yr 36k mile warranty

There are some guys on here that can answer the reliability question better than I as they work on these for a living. I have a 5.7 liter vortec with 57,000 miles and it runs great. It's quite and uses no oil. I'm surprised at the valve noise though. Chevy motors generally have very reliable valve trains. But if you have 90k on the truck how will the 3yr 36k mile warranty help? Or are you just commenting on what it had when purchased new?
nospam

The warranty came with the truck when i bought it used

Don't put Champions in it though. GM engines IMO don't behave well with them. Use AC Delco's. Champions work well in Mopars not GMs Larry