Factory replacement radio for 1996 Blazer?

My Blazer's factory radio has basically stopped working, and I'm looking for replacement recommendations. I don't need flash, just an AM/FM radio with CD player. Ideally it would have XM built in, or at
least controls, and I could also connect an iPod, again, with control from the radio.

installed, but will stick out 1.5-2" from the dash. Not very desirable. At first glance, the Pioneer DEH-P47DH would seem to fit the bill, but I'm told that this radio is too deep for the space in my dash. Anyone have first-hand experience?
What I'd really like is a new factory-style radio, meaning that it looks like it could have come with the car. Does anyone know if later-generation GM radios (that have XM) will fit the 1996 Blazer? Worst-case, where's a good place (other than a junkyard) to look for an original factory radio that's been tested and cleaned up?
Thanks, Heath