fan blazer

Ok...ive got the proper sized wrench and a mallet...but how do i keep the shaft from turning?

<w> wrote in message

With the belt.
Al

Or a strap wrench ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:36:19 -0500, <w> wrote:

I'm sure that there are better ways, but I usually wedge the belt tighter with a 2x4 pressing on the bottom of the belt..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:02:30 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
Removing the new style fan clutch.
Want some Bailey's with your coffee this mornin'? -- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/kd3471.html
Thanks guys..im off to get a 2X4 and a bottle of Baileys gonna be a hell of a day
<w>

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:33:58 -0500, <w> wrote:

Wasn't but 103 here in Arkansas. Got so hot I cut a big hole in the side of my shop to try and get some more cross ventilation. Quit on the Bailey's at about 9 and was on the Sam Adams by 11:30. Gonna stay inside under the /c today. It's even too damn hot to ride the Harley. BTW, get the fan clutch off ok?
-- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

On Aug 9, 12:36 pm, <w> wrote:

u may have this done already but i usually use an air hammer with a punch bit and just rattle on the outside of the nut until it breaks loose...u dont have to hit ti too hard and it usually only leaves a small dent in the nut...i tighten back up the same way.