Fan clutch causing heating of engine?

I have an 03 silverado, 4.8 V8( just got the 36, ooo mile service done by the way) I drive in hot weather (100-115) very frequently, and notice if I'm in traffic and with the a/c on very low ( dial 1-2) the engine starts to heat up ,I know its normal, but it heats up very quickly, which brings me to wonder why other cars beside me can go on driving like nothing, for an example, a 04/05 ford f-150 truck was beside me and dude was comfortable with his a/c on, mean while I had to turn my windows down and submit to the heat and the ford , so i figure since my truck has a fan clutch and not electric fans(which seem to work better in hot traffic), if it is possible for me to put some electric fans on my truck and if so is it very diffulcult to do so, considering that the new 05/06 silverado/sierras have them, so getting them I think wont be a problem

Reply to
jmex

Shep

well it gets to around 240, and no the a/c doesnt shut off, by the way should it or what? oh and still u didnt answer my question about the electric fans

Reply to
jmex

Reply to
Shep