Fast idle?

I'm getting what seems to be a faster than normal fast idle at startup when cold. Settles down after a few seconds as usual. I think this is normal to some degree, but it seems to be getting more pronounced.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
JB
JB wrote:

What vehicle, motor, etc?
Thanks for your response.
It turned out to be the Throttle Position Sensor. This was what I suspected, but at first there were no codes showing. The check engine light finally came on and I was able to get a code.
JB