Fast idle on carburator

Hi all, I've got a 81 chev half ton, and I need to know how to set the fast idle for when the engine is cold. Obviously I'm pretty green, so any detail
you can give me would help alot.
Once the engine is warm, it runs perfect. But when it's cold, each stop I make, I have to put it into neutral and rev it up.
TIA
--
"I Knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque"
-Bugs Bunny

fast
detail