Feasability Of Side pipes on a 2 door tahoe

Hello there, I'm new here. I read quite a few posts and like the replies people post to questions. For the most part anyway : )
So, here is mine. I just bought a 99 2 Door tahoe (upgraded from a 94 2 door )
and I have this damn idea of wanting some nice side pipes on it. As in a single chrome pipe on both sides of the truck, under the doors.
Is it possible? I mean with a cat converter under it, I would THINK there isn't enough room.
Any thoughts?
Thanks, Deez

people post to questions. For the most part anyway : )

door ) and I have this damn idea of wanting some nice side pipes on it. As in a single chrome pipe on both sides of the truck, under the doors.

isn't enough room.

Is that even legal? or is anything ok as long as it's after the cats?
Adair
I'm pretty sure it's fine as long as it has cats, mufflers, and dumps out behind the cab and off to the sides....
wrote in message

there
As far as I know, its all legal as long as you leave the cat alone. Anything emission specific can't be tampered with.

Anything emission specific can't be tampered with. Saw them on an eighty something Corvette. That was a lot of pipe under that Vette. After that I think you can put them on anything if you got the bucks. EW
Well, I don't think it would be all that expensive. I will have to get mine on a rack to check out clearances. In basic form it should just be a wye from the cat then some pipe to the sidepipes. Sidepipes already have mufflers built into them, then the mounting brackets. When I get a chance I will check it out. I was mostly just wondering if someone knew offhand if there was space to do it. thanks
wrote in message

there
Just a thought but you might put fake side pipes on and just turn the exhaust so that it comes out the fake side pipes. Of course there would be a bit of manipulation involved to get the exhaust cut into the side pipes at the rear of the side pipes, but it would mainly be cutting a hole in the back of the side pipe to get the exhaust pipe through. The advantage would be that you wouldn't have a hot pipe beneath the door and it would probably take much less work. Unless you looked underneath you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
Loyd

people post to questions. For the most part anyway : )

door ) and I have this damn idea of wanting some nice side pipes on it. As in a single chrome pipe on both sides of the truck, under the doors.

isn't enough room.

There's room on my buddy's 94' Blazer (looks pretty sweet!), so there should be enough room on a Tahoe.
Doc
Ohhh, do you think you could send me a pic of that? I'd love to see it!

Next time I see him, if I have my camera on me, I'll snap a few pics and post a link on the ng.
Doc

Have any luck with getting Pics, Doc?

Haven't seen him lately, sorry.
Doc