Finding pieces....

Alright, I just got a 2003 Chevy S10. In the overhead compartment their is a part to put a garage opener. On the outside, their is a simple plastic
button that pushes up and when you push it up, it hits the opener and opens the garage door. On my compartment, the distance between the opener and button is too far away. It looks like their may be pieces that go on the inside of the button, so it reaches the garage opener. It's kind of hard to describe, but I'm looking to get the pieces, or any ideas what I can do, so I can get my garage opener off the sun shade and into the compartment. Thanks.
Brad wrote:

My 99 has the same thing. There are 2 plastic extenders in mine. They slide off a peg and onto the back of the button. If yours are missing, a junkyard would probably give them to you.
Brad wrote:

Leggos are your friend here... go rob the kids toybox