Flashing 4hi light push button 4x4

I have a 97 tahoe with push button 4x4. I have known that my shift encoder motor is bad. It has been out for a while. When that happens you cannot shift into 4 hi but you still have 4 lo. Just today the 4hi light started
flashing and has been all day. I checked the codes today thinking that there would be another one and the only code that pops up is code #2 which is the encoder motor or so i have been told. Does anyone know anything about this????? thanks
I have the exact same thing. changed the fuse and they blow in seconds. did you fix your problem? What did you do
I gave up. The truck is sitting at the dealer and even they are scratching their heads. Once I started to dig into it I began to notice that it looked like chimpanzees had worked on it prior to me for the same issue(s). Wire harness to front actualtor was out of holder, wires had been punctured, someone had been messing with wiring under the dash, heck someone had even broken the hood release lever and glued it together with model cement! I'm friends with the service mgr. at a local dealer I trust so they have it now. Frankly I really like the truck but I think after this it's gone. I spend more time working on it than driving it ;-( I'll post what/if the dealer can find anything. Larry

Turned out to be a short in the wire harness above the T/Case. Took them all day to find it. Works fine now but now some of my dash lights don't work ;-( Larry