Flashing Brake Warning light.

89 S15 4.3 700R4 4x4 RWAL
Yesterday my Brake warning light started flashing. It flashes 9 short and one long, or one long and 9 short. This keeps repeating as long as
the truck is running. Breaks work OK.
Any Ideas.
TIA

Code 9 indicates an open in the speed sensor circuit or a faulty speedometer, OR you jumped the ALDL ports A and H for 20 seconds and nothing is wrong at all.
Doc

"Doc" wrote:

Thanks for the reply Doc, but wouldn't that be the SES light?
Speedo works OK BTW, and unless there is a short in the ALDL I haven't jumped those ports. I'll check tomorrow to see if some wires from the ALDL got shorted.
Code 1 = Faulty ECU (brake controller) Code 9 = Open in speed sensor
If your not sure how to test the system look at http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Manual%20Lookup/cal_ModelLookup.html Enter 1989 Jimmy Select T-15 Look at Brakes, RWAL, Diagnosis and Testing
Trouble codes and how to get them are there.
--
Steve