Flashing Brake Warning light.

89 S15 4.3 700R4 4x4 RWAL

Yesterday my Brake warning light started flashing. It flashes 9 short and one long, or one long and 9 short. This keeps repeating as long as the truck is running. Breaks work OK.

Any Ideas.

TIA

Reply to
High Sierra

Code 9 indicates an open in the speed sensor circuit or a faulty speedometer, OR you jumped the ALDL ports A and H for 20 seconds and nothing is wrong at all.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Thanks for the reply Doc, but wouldn't that be the SES light?

Speedo works OK BTW, and unless there is a short in the ALDL I haven't jumped those ports. I'll check tomorrow to see if some wires from the ALDL got shorted.

Reply to
High Sierra

Code 1 = Faulty ECU (brake controller) Code 9 = Open in speed sensor

If your not sure how to test the system look at

Enter 1989 Jimmy Select T-15 Look at Brakes, RWAL, Diagnosis andTesting

Trouble codes and how to get them are there.

Reply to
Steve W.