Flood/Fog Lights 1998 Suburban-not working

hey guys,

listen up, on my 98 Burb it came with flood/fog lights. i could have sworn they worked when i test drove but right now thye do not work.

the switch gives no infdication any juice is hitting it.

what are some basic things i can check before digging deeper?

fuse? wires? i will check those, anything else you can think of?

thank you very much!

walter

Reply to
Walter Welle

Greetings,

Here are some things to check:

First, your factory fog lights will not work if your high beams are on (which you may not notice during the day or your high beam indicator light may be burned out). Check to make sure they are not. They MAY not work with only your DRL's on or with your headlights turned off completely, I'm not sure about that model year. Simply put, the fog lights should only work when your low beam headlights are on.

Second, check the fuse in the electrical center box under the hood or in the dash (it could be in either location). After that, it's time to change a bulb and see what happens.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Thank you, some updates:

The lighst dont look factory the switch is under the steering column. one side is marked flood and the other is fog the lights are mounted on my bumper. i know where the usual fuses are so would this aftermarket lights have a different fuse? different location?>

thank you,

Reply to
Walter Welle

Greetings,

You are correct, these are not factory fog lights. Unfortunately, since installation and wire routing is completely up to the installer, you are at the mercy of the previous owner as to where the fuse or relay for them are. If he used a relay (preferred) then it might even have two fuses - one for the main power to the lights, and one to the switch. Of course, there is no way that I'm going to be able to tell you with any degree of certainty just how these things were installed or wired. Your only hope is to spend some time under the truck following the wires from the lights to wherever they lead.

Good luck - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan