Fluttering brake pedal?

I have a 98 Chev short box 4x4 Chyenne, 100,000 kms, on which the front brake pads were recently replaced along with the back shoes I believe, and the rear routers were cleaned up.
Now in the first few minutes of driving, just as I come to a stop, the brake pedal often pulsates/flutters under my foot as if the ABS was coming, although without the whining noise of the ABS that I am used to heaaring if I were on ice.
Any ideas? The fluttering effect seems to disappear after a few minutes of driving, and occurs randomly afterwards.
Is this just something adjusting, the ABS sensor shot, wrong parts or just another defect to go with the rest of this truck.
Cheers, -Large
"Large" wrote

If you are feeling what appears to be an ABS event right before you come to a complete stop (usually the speed will be between 6-9 kph)and possibly you feel the truck pull one way or the other when this happens.....you probably have one/both front wheel speed sensor signals "dropping" out.
There are tests you can do to verify this signal "dropout". The problem usually ends up being rust buildup where the sensor bolts to the front wheel bearing and hub assembly. The fix (if this is in fact the problem) is to remove the sensor, clean the mounting surface and remount the sensor. Might be worth a try.
Ian