follow on to aftermarket (body) parts

OEM factory body parts are hands down better than aftermarket. If you have ever worked in a body shop you'll agree! The fit and finish of the factory parts are so much better. If you have the choice always go with the factory body parts.

Reply to
Elbert

Shep

Is there anything that says dealerships cant use GM OEM parts on cars more than 5 years old? Progressive tried to tell us that about our 99 jimmy

Reply to
Adam

Reply to
Elbert

Second choise to new OEM is Used OEM. Especially on Vehicles less then

15 Years old. Charles I did my time in hell, I mean a Autobody shop. Restorations & Collision work.
Reply to
Charles Bendig

Different states have different laws about insurace. IN some states, it may be in your policy that they can do that.

Here in the State of Ohio. Insurance Companies at times will tell people they will only cover the repairs if done by approved body shops. That is illegal and most people do not realize it. The most a Insurance company in ohio can do, is make you get a estimate from one of their approved body shops.

In Ohio you can request only New OEM parts, or only Used OEM parts. The insurance companies may or may not have to depending on the type policy you have.

In EVERY state it is YOUR responciblity to READ and Understand the Your RIGHTS, and the Coverage of YOUR Policy. Not all policies are equil, full coverage does not mean the same from policy to policy.

Charles BTW: I have known some decent insurance adjusters and some who will not work with a customer.

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Reply to
Adam