follow on to aftermarket (body) parts

OEM factory body parts are hands down better than aftermarket. If you have ever worked in a body shop you'll agree! The fit and finish of the factory parts are so
much better. If you have the choice always go with the factory body parts.
--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net

-
Is there anything that says dealerships cant use GM OEM parts on cars more than 5 years old? Progressive tried to tell us that about our 99 jimmy

in regard to your above ?.... no there is nothing in law that says that. Its a line of BS from the insurance companies. Insurance companies push this because it costs them less money. The problem is ...You most likely would have to retain a lawyer to fight it.
If I'm involved in another accident I want to see the estimate prior to any work being done. Often times if you are not the cause of the accident you never see the estimate until everything is done.
I think this is one area where the insurance companies don't disclose this information that well. The deal with insurance is that you don't know how good or bad it is until you have problem and then its a little too late to work the details.
--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net
Adam wrote:

    Different states have different laws about insurace. IN some states, it may be in your policy that they can do that.
    Here in the State of Ohio. Insurance Companies at times will tell people they will only cover the repairs if done by approved body shops. That is illegal and most people do not realize it. The most a Insurance company in ohio can do, is make you get a estimate from one of their approved body shops.
    In Ohio you can request only New OEM parts, or only Used OEM parts. The insurance companies may or may not have to depending on the type policy you have.
    In EVERY state it is YOUR responciblity to READ and Understand the Your RIGHTS, and the Coverage of YOUR Policy. Not all policies are equil, full coverage does not mean the same from policy to policy.
Charles BTW: I have known some decent insurance adjusters and some who will not work with a customer.
thats funny cause they took our truck right to the dealer they use and said this is how much and this is when it will be done, I live in indiana so I dont know the law about that here

Elbert wrote:

    Second choise to new OEM is Used OEM. Especially on Vehicles less then 15 Years old. Charles I did my time in hell, I mean a Autobody shop. Restorations & Collision work.