follow up on mileage drop '92 S10 Blazer - first posted about 3/6/04

Just a quick note. I was finally able to get an appointment with my brother, who's been a mechanic for 40 years, and here's what we found; Checked the fuel pressure - 58 lbs, well within limits. Then turned off ignition, pressure dropped like the stock market in 1929, hmmm. Clamped return line, re-test pressure. Turn off ignition, pressure drop again, just as fast as before. "Aha!" We say, "A bad injector unit! We shall replace it and all will be right with the world." OOOPS! We replaced the fuel injector unit, ($250.00), my brothers cost, and before putting the intake manifold back together turned the key on to check for leaks. Turns out that both the pressure line and the return line have pinhole leaks inside the manifold, causing the rich exhaust and low mileage, and the spark plugs to show a rich burning condition on one side of the engine. Those lines are now on order. I"m not sure what the moral of this is, unless it's "Never count your goldfarbs before they cackle." Further news shall follow.

N.M.W.B.A.o.O.

Reply to
No Mail Will Be Answered or Op

I remember the thread but don't remember if you have a TBI injection system/Z engine....from the description, doesn't sound like it..K

Reply to
ken

I have the W engine, single injector unit that sits in the bottom of the intake manifold. Six lines coming out, two fuel lines one in one return, and two wires hooked to connection on top.