For Sale: 78 Suburban 3/4T 4X4

Hello all,

I have a 1978 Chevy K20 Suburban for sale. It's a good runner, but it looks pretty beat on the outside. It's great for wheeling places that you wouldn't dare take your shiny new $40,000 SUV.

Here are the specs:

350 with 4 barrel Qjet All California emissions intact (Smog pump, AIR tubes, etc.) New Catalytic Converter TH350 (fresh fluid/filter/gasket, but has leak near dipstick tube) Full time 4 wheel drive Limited slip rear differential New bedliner coating from firewall to tailgate (just hose it out after wheeling) Two rows of bench seats. Driver's area has tears, but they are not noticeable under the Saddle Blanket seat cover 40 gallon tank with skid plate Passes smog check easily

Obvious Needs:

-Tires. The 9.5x16.5s on there have seen better days. Besides, a rig like this needs 35s.

-Wiper switch. The switch has a mind of its own and will turn on at the most inopportune times. My solution: remove the fuse.

-Body and paint, but don't buy this if you want a pretty ride. It's not pretty. My idea of body and paint would be a Sawzall to the fender wells (to make room for 35s) and a case of camo paints. Unfortunately, my wife never got onboard with that idea. Right now the paint is original tan with company logos on the front doors.

-Fix the tranny leak or just park it in the dirt.

-When in low range, the T-case shifter sometimes slips from the locked to unlocked position. I don't know what that's about. Maybe the linkage just needs adjusting or maybe there's a detent spring that's sprung. I don't know. It's not a big deal. My 8 year old son just rests his left foot on the shifter for me when we really need to have the T-case locked.

-Headliner sags (whose doesn't?)

We are located in Elk Grove, CA. I'm asking $1350. If you're interested and local, let me know and we can set up a test drive. If you're not local, let me know and maybe I can post some pictures somewhere (other than this newsgroup).

Reply to
Alex