For what it's worth

I am hard pressed to find a good number to sell my truck for. When I look for something similar, I cannot.
Kelly Blue book is no help either.
I am trying to set a price on my 1998 K3500 Crew Cab 4X4 with a 6.5l
diesel. Great mechanical shape, no rust on the body.
I think it's worth about 7G's. But all I can find are the gasser's to compare with.
All it's life in Florida, 340,000 on truck, with 150,000 on dealer replaced engine. (Which also shows on ECM)
Any ideas?

Try Edmunds: http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/ck-3500-series/1998/tmv-appraise-results.html
Autumn wrote:

Well my cheat sheet says that the 3500 runs between $5,500.00 and $9,000.00 Depending on options and mileage.
I would say 7 is probably a good starting point.
--
Steve W.

On 9/18/2012 4:42 PM, Steve W. wrote:

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Have allot of new stuff added in the last 10k miles. Alternator, Starter, Radiator, Aux cooling radiator, new batteries, complete front end rebuild (New bushings, kind of stuff). New (actually rebuilt, not sure if you can get new anymore) steering box, Power steering pump. Also, had the brain for the injectors moved from above the block, under the manifold, to under the front passenger seat with it's own fan. (Recommended by my mechanic after it burned up). Getting it painted this weekend, as the great Chevy paint does not do well in the Florida sun!
On 9/18/2012 12:32 PM, Autumn wrote:

Had not thought about Edmund's. Turns out, they do not give a price on the 6.5l diesel.

Actually, they do. If you go to the bottom of the page of the link provided and press on "Go to Step 2 Add Colors & Options", you will see the 6.5L diesel as the second box to check. Since I did not know the options your ride has, I figured you could fill those in yourself. HTH.
Cheers!
Autumn
On 9/19/2012 11:57 AM, Autumn wrote:

That worked, but it was half of KBB numbers. Thanks anyway.